One of Australia’s leading medical and pathology service providers is seeking to appoint a Senior Scientist/Laboratory Supervisor to join their team in a booming city within Latrobe Valley. Reporting to the Laboratory Manager/Chief Scientist, you will be required to implement processes and procedures but also oversee staff made up of Scientists, Laboratory Technicians and Courier staff.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ability to train and assist laboratory staff in standards, procedures, and protocols
- Perform quality standards and procedures as required by compliance
- Demonstrated experience working with internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate information as directed and accordance with practice policies
- Participate in R&D of new tests, implement new instrumentation to improve existing procedures
This laboratory is 24/7 with an on-call roster so you will be required to work evenings, weekends and be available when rostered or when on call.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Worked in a similar role as a Scientists and had overseen Scientific or related work
- Tertiary qualifications in Applied Science or Science – Biochemistry, Haematology
- Previous experience in blood banking highly regarded
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised or plan work
- Familiar with computer systems within the Medical or Pathology laboratories
This is an exciting position for a Senior Scientist who is looking for career progression and would like a leadership opportunity. We are looking to appoint someone urgently so interviews for short-listed candidates will be conducted immediately.
Please click 'APPLY' now if you meet all the above criteria.
KE Select are a leading provider of Scientific, Medical and Technical recruitment services. With a candidate and client network spanning ANZ and more recently into APAC, KE Select are no.1 choice for many professionals operating within the Biotechnology and Medical Technology market.