The Field Service and Applications Specialist is a field-based position responsible offering technical/applications training and support among current and potential customers with effective trouble shooting, repair and maintenance of laboratory automatic products within the Life Science
The Position will work within the Customer Care team and report locally to the Technical Support Manager. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide quality system, software, assay application and maintenance demonstration/training and support customers in Life Sciences
- Successfully implement roll out, correlations, customer training, relevant validations and
transitions of lab automation hardware and reagents at new and existing customer sites.
- Provide customer education and technical expertise by introducing product clinical values and demonstrating product features to meet customers’ unmet needs.
- Manage customer data in the company CRM, SAP as requested by sales/marketing and adherence to company SOP’s.
- Support the preparation of tenders, quotations and financial proposals for customers in
conjunction with the sales team from a technical/applications focus.
- Understand and know clinical environment and competitor products.
- Perform routine standard procedures to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Provide feedback on market developments and customer needs/requirements to the sales
Qualifications Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ideally have a relevant Tertiary qualification.
- Experience in related Applications Support role - preferably understanding NGS and liquid handlers
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical failures and method of resolution to business partners and customers is required.
- Possess the ability to work with customers and vendors at both a business and technical level.
- Proficient in computer hardware and software repair.
- Ability to configure network devices and interface product to local networks.
- Good verbal and written skills capable of explaining technical procedures in writing or verbally.
- Ability to work independently, manage time/priorities, and maintain composure under high levels of demand is necessary.
- Requires excellent systematic troubleshooting skills utilizing a structured and comprehensive process to determine the root cause and implement corrective action.
- Knowledge of flow cytometry theory and techniques would be an advantage
This is a great opportunity for someone to really utilise their Laboratory background within Life Sciences. We are short-listing and interview candidates immediately for this role so if you are interested, please click APPLY NOW. For a confidential discussion, please contact Ruby at KE Select on 0481 200 171.
KE Select are a leading provider of Scientific, Medical and Technical recruitment services. With a candidate and client network spanning ANZ and more recently into APAC, KE Select are no.1 choice for many professionals operating within the Biotechnology and Medical Technology market.