Our client is a Leading Healthcare Provider currently seeking an experienced Cytotechnologist / Cytology Scientist to join their team in Brisbane. About the role
The Laboratory is seeking experienced and certified Clinical Cytology Scientists with comprehensive experience working within a Diagnostic environment. The successful candidate will apply well developed scientific judgment to the screening, and where authorized, the reporting and validation, of both gynaecological and non-gynaecological cytology specimens.
This position is required to assist continued provision of the Anatomical Pathology services, and as such the successful candidate will be required to work within a 7 day rotating roster with other scientific/technical staff.About You
- Degree in Medical Laboratory Science (MLS), or recognised equivalent.
- CTASC qualification and appropriate Cytology experience or ready to sit the CTASC exam.
- A demonstrated knowledge and experience in: routine diagnostic Cytology Laboratory with demonstrable skills in the preparation and reporting of Rapid On Site Evaluation (ROSE) of Fine Needle aspirate biopsies, including EBUS and EUS.
- Screening of liquid-based cytology (Thinprep or Surepath preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to screen and validate gynaecological and non-gynaecological cytology preparations.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake cytology specimen preparation, assessment, diagnostic testing and related duties both within the preparatory laboratory and at external clinical units
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and good oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with customers, patients and clinical and laboratory staff
For more information about this role contact Christelle Capini at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KE Select is one of Australia’s leading Scientific and Medical recruitment firms. With offices and reach throughout ANZ and a market presence spanning 10 years, KE Select is quickly becoming the recruiter of choice for many organisations within the Life Science, Medical Device, Clinical and Pathology space.